Sometimes around this time of year, people can get overwhelmed and start struggling with their new years resolution. Many resolutions are often set on a great scale and aren’t necessarily realistic which makes them very hard to accomplish. So here are five easy tips that can promote good health without requiring much effort or dedication. By following these simple tips you will be able to increase your health and avoid trips to the doctors office.
1. Drink More Water – Staying hydrated can be one of the most important aspects of being healthier and more energized. The body can often mistake thirst for hunger and provide unwanted food cravings. By drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, a person can jumpstart their metabolism and drastically improve their energy levels.
2. Walk – Many people believe that intense running or heavy weight lifting is the only way to jump start the body’s metabolism and promote weight loss. However, just the simple act of walking 20-40 minutes a day can increase cardiovascular endurance and does not take a harsh toll on your body
3. Eat Dark Chocolate – For all of you chocolate lovers out there trying to be healthier, you are in luck. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants and can be beneficial to your immune system by decreasing your risk of cancer and a variety of cardiovascular diseases. So make the change from milk chocolate to dark chocolate in order to have a healthier 2014
4. Eat Breakfast – A good and healthy breakfast is the perfect way to jumpstart your metabolism and get you energized for the day. Try to include foods rich in protein such as eggs and complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat toast.
5. Sleep – The right amount of sleep can help you live longer, perform better, and stay sharper. It also can help you achieve a healthy weight. People who sleep more are more likely to have less cravings for unhealthy food throughout the day. For the sake of your health insurance bill, try to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night.
I hope this gives you a good base on how easy being healthier can be. It does not take hours in the gym or some crazy dieting to be healthier. These small steps can help you achieve a healthier you and help you keep your sanity at the same time!